Making healthier choices around food and exercise — which translates to self-care and self-love — is often the beginning of feeling happier and often flows over into other areas of our life. My process focuses on essential nutrition, behavior change around food, movement, mindfulness and most importantly awareness to help you reach your goals and build lasting behavior changes and healthy habits.
Years after starting a low saturated fat diet (www.overcomingms.org), I realized why following the diet was so important for me (despite struggling with it). It was a countable, tangible goal. I could go to sleep each night and say I did it (or feel like a failure based on how the day went). I see now why it was so important for me because it was “countable” goal I could achieve. But why didn’t it work for so long?
Knowledge does NOT equal behavior change.
Just because we know exactly how we should do, it doesn’t mean that we do it. Why is that?
- Not having the right motivation (trying to get away from something vs toward something. Example: I hate how I look vs I want my body to be healthy and strong)
- Wanting a quick fix and giving up if it doesn’t happen right away: it takes time, patience and love to make changes
- Not wanting to fully commit (Example: I should watch what I eat for my cholesterol but I really want to eat this cheese)
In my process, we focus on behavior change because you probably already know what you should eat. I ask a lot of questions (I’ve been often told all my life I ask a lot of questions) and we dig deep and find the motivation, find what is worth for you to fully commit to, and why it is important to you. The process is enjoyable and you’ll find out lots about yourself. It is dedicated time for YOU.
The process also provides lots of accountability. Many people get motivated when another person is involved. I can assure you that many of my clients enjoy the accountability part.
I don’t think I have all the answers but I know I can help get you at least a few step forward in your path and I incredibly enjoy walking this part in your life with you.
Are you ready to make real behavioral changes and build habits that will transform your relationship with food? Schedule a free session with me and take the next step towards a healthier, happier you.
The complimentary 45-minute session will cover:
- What has been difficult for you that keeps you from succeeding in the change you want?
- A vision of how your future could look like that you want
- Which foods and lifestyle habits are not helpful to you…and what to do about it
- A plan that can help you to get to where you want
What is Health Coaching and why work with a Health Coach?
Health and Wellness Coaches partner with clients seeking self-directed, lasting changes aligned with their values, which promote health and wellness, and thereby, enhance well-being. During this work, health and wellness coaches display unconditional positive regard for their clients and a belief in their capacity for change, and honoring that each client is an expert on his or her life, while ensuring that all interactions are respectful and non-judgmental. (International Consortium for Health & Wellness Coaching).
Is Health Coaching for me and what can I expect working with you?
Health coaching is for you if you have goals around your health such as:
- Getting more restful sleep
- Wanting to incorporate more mindfulness and ease in your life
- More routine and healthier eating habits
- Understanding and eliminating emotional eating habits
- Having a chronic disease and the doctor prescribed an eating plan but you haven’t started and want some help to implement it
- Finally hitting the gym or wanting to add some other movement to your life and could use some support
- Having more energy
- Kicking cravings
- Losing weight
You will get:
- Support with setting tangible and achievable goals
- Weekly calls to move you towards achieving those goals
- Email support and response within 24hrs
- Positive regard and my belief in your capacity for change